Be it keto or carnivore, the aim is to limit the intake of carbohydrates. Therefore, carnivore diet wins because it includes extremely low carbs and high in fats and protein. Although, both of them have different mechanism to follow, both aids in losing you weight.
Ketogenic diet Definition:
The idea of ‘keto’ comes from the diet that is low in carbohydrates, moderate protein and high in fats. Particularly, you body reaches a metabolic state which we call ketosis. When we say that we want to lose weight it means we lose fats. There is difference between burning carbs and burning fats. In burning carbohydrates(or carbs) our body gets quickest energy by breaking down of glucose(a simple form of carbohydrate). In burning of fats we tap into the fat issues of our body to lose weight and look good and healthy. This is called ketosis.
You can achieve ketosis when you start limiting or carbohydrate rich food intake, which is replaced by fat consumption only. As a result, whenever your body needs energy, it will use fats as its primary source instead of carbohydrates.
Carnivore diet definition:
The name “Carnivore” itself suggests it is a restrictive diet consisting of animal products only. I can name some of those such as fish, chicken, eggs and dairy products. Basically, these food has extremely low carbs. and high in protein.
Be it carnivore or keto, all plan comes with a portion control that checks your calorie intake. As a results, it leads to reduction o insulin levels and burning of your fat.
Food List for Keto Diet:
When it comes to fat intake, keto diet involves heathy fat diet. They include olive oil, avocado oil, grass-fed butter, coconut oil, ghee, nuts and seeds.
Your protein-rich keto diet includes poultry, wild-caught fish and seafood, eggs, grass-fed beef, and dairy products such as yogurt and cheese.
Vegetables & Fruits low in carbohydrate menu:
Your low-carb vegetables include cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, asparagus, leafy greens, and broccoli.
Low-carb fruits include, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries. However, you should take them in small portion in single serving.
You can include bone broth, unsweetened nut milk, and herbal tea
Keto Diet Meal Plan:
- You can start adding your delicious omelets with mushrooms, spinach and cheese cooked in coconut oil
- Moreover, you can add heavy cream or tablespoon of coconut oil to your coffee drink.
- Add your grilled chicken breast with mixed green salads. It includes, cucumber, avocado and olive oil dressing
- Include unsweetened iced tea or water after meals.
- Grilled salmon with sautéed asparagus and roasted cauliflower
- Prepare your dessert mixed berry salad with whipped cream.
Replace your high-calorie snacks with this:
- Almonds, macadamia nuts, or other nuts and seeds
- Celery sticks with almond butter
- Cheese slices
Carnivore Diet Food List:
- Meat: beef, pork, lamb, venison, bison, elk, and other wild game
- Poultry: chicken, turkey, duck, and other birds
- Fish and seafood: salmon, tuna, shrimp, crab, and other shellfish
- Eggs: chicken, duck, and other eggs
- Dairy products (optional): butter, cheese, and heavy cream
Meal Plan for Carnivore Diet:
Cook two to three eggs in butter or bacon fat. You may include this as the first dish of your breakfast.
Moreover, you may add two strips of bacon or sausage links
Prepare grilled steak with a side of sautéed mushrooms. You can add onions cooked in butter as taste enhancers.
You can add chicken bone broth or water to the dish.
- Baked salmon with roasted asparagus and a side of buttered broccoli
- Water or herbal tea
Replace Fried & Spicy Meat with:
Beef jerky or other meat snacks
You can add cheese as a dairy item.
Lastly, for optimal health benefits and necessary nutrient intake, you need to consult a registered dietitian before starting your new diet.